An internship at the Center for Digital Art offers a chance to mentor with a working artist and a small staff of arts organizers across several disciplines of nonprofit work.
Assisting with the ongoing activities at CDA, the intern will gain insight into the inner workings of a nonprofit organization while taking part in the coordination of art exhibitions and fundraising initiatives. Paid hours are available for applicants who have the requisite computer art skills needed to teach or co-teach workshops.
Ideal for students interested in arts organizing, nonprofit organizations, venue/performance space administration, communications and public relations, intern responsibilities include:
• Assist with coordinating workshops for students, artists and teachers
• Writing and editing press releases, newsletters, fundraising drives
• Maintaining/updating website and social media
• Assisting in the design of posters and other promotional material
• Assisting with transportation & installation of work in gallery exhibitions
• Securing and maintaining press contacts for exhibition publicity
• Assist with coordinating fundraising opportunities – including grant seeking
• Processing incoming calls, mail and emails
• Maintaining database for email newsletters
• Maintaining database of press clippings and promotional material
Past experience in administrative office work or events coordination is a plus – a passion for writing, strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated interest in visual art are essential to this position.
Open to college and high school students
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com