The Center for Digital Art seeks video artists, filmmakers, poets, writers, and performers to contribute original work to the fifth annual Words and Video!
ABOUT WORDS AND VIDEO
Since 2010, CDA has collaborated with Write Action and the Brattleboro Literary Festival to present Words & Video, a one-evening exhibition of short films and video art projections that explore the intersection of language/text/poetry and moving images. Each year, Words & Video showcases new work from filmmakers, video artists, writers and spoken word performers who demonstrate a commitment to experimental digital/media art, video and literature.
Words and Video will be held on the first evening of the 2014 Brattleboro Literary Festival (exact date TBA) at the Center for Digital Art’s 3rd floor studio in the Cotton Mill in Brattleboro. The building is wheelchair accessible.
• A submission to Words & Video is a short film or video – or a projection or performance that incorporates video – which is based on, or inspired by, a piece of literature
• Poetry, prose, narrative, essay, biography, letters, myths & folk tales, etc – all forms of literature are welcome
• Submissions cannot exceed 20 minutes in length
• Must be an original work, and cannot contain any copyrighted material without proper authorization
• to present a film/video piece at Words & Video, a DVD or Quicktime movie must be submitted no later than August 30th, 2014
• performances must be submitted for review no later than August 30th, 2014
Send DVDs to
Center for Digital Art
74 Cotton Mill Hill
Brattleboro, VT 05301
To send us a link to your work or inquire about sharing through Dropbox, email us at email@example.com
To propose an on-site performance for Words and Video inside our studio, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a review.